Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jenny



Jennifer "Jenny" Celeste Lee--November 15, 2005

God is so good! We planned on getting pregnant and spacing our kids somewhere between 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years apart. God saw fit to allow that plan to take place, and we were pregnant again! I was so happy when we found out we were having a girl!! I would have been completely happy with another boy, but there is just something special about having one of each. Again, I was not ever sick with "morning sickness." I did have a stomach bug at one point during my pregnancy with Jenny that was not fun at all, and I had one scare where I thought I might be having early contractions or that something was wrong. Jason took me to the ER, and they gave me an ultrasound (after THEY had filled my bladder with water--not fun, very uncomfortable) to check on the baby. Everything was actually fine, and the doctors chalked it up as....gas...so embarrassing! We did have to change my OB/GYN because Dr. Cybulski "retired" his OB duties, so we decided to switch to a practice at St. Vincent's. Jason is a project manager for Brasfield and Gorrie, and since they had redone the Women's Center there, we really wanted to have our next baby there. A sweet friend of mine, and a NICU nurse at St. Vincent's suggested Dr. Stone, and I just loved him! Similarly to the situation around Nathan's birth, I was concerned about getting in a concert with my choirs! So, we did an early Christmas/Holiday concert. Jenny was induced on November 15. We had to be up at the hospital at 6 am. It was a neat feeling driving in the dark to downtown Birmingham, knowing that we were about to meet our little girl! It really happened super quick! Dr. Stone broke my water shortly after I got there, and I remember my contractions felt a lot stronger than they did with Nathan. I kept wondering when they were going to offer me the epidural! I finally asked, and the nurse said I could have had it hours ago! I just did get it in time as I was already 7 cm. It wasn't long after that I felt movement and told Jason that the nurse needed to check me again. They called Dr. Stone and Jenny was here after just 2 pushes weighing 6 lbs 3 oz.

Jenny is almost four, now! She is a mess!! She has already had two sets of ear tubes and an adenoidectomy. We're still struggling with ear infections and now we're trying to figure out what to do about her tonsils. She's a tiny thing. Her first year was a battle of severe reflux! We saw a gastro-doc, and they tested her all sorts of things including celiacs disease. Thank the Lord that came up negative, but at a year old, we were truly concerned over her health. She was not gaining weight, and was falling off of the growth curve! She did turn the corner as seemed to do better after we determined she was allergic to eggs. She's still below the 5th percentile for her age/weight/height. Other than her ENT issues, she is pretty healthy.

Jenny loves to sing and is great at coloring. It is amazing how well she stays in the lines. I've never seen a three-year-old that is so particular about her coloring! She'll color for hours! She loves to watch Dora and Diego and enjoys playing with her cousins, too! She thinks she can swim, and she really can, but can't touch, so I still make her wear her floaties if we are not in the pool with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment