Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Nathan



William Nathan Lee--born May 13, 2003

Jason and I had been married for a little over 2 years when we decided the time was right to try to start having kids. God was very gracious and granted us with the miracle of conception like within our second month of trying. My pregnancy was pretty easy with Nathan. I never really got sick, felt nauseated a few times, but I never got sick. I didn't have any unusual cravings, but I did have an aversion to my prenatal vitamin. I couldn't stand taking them! I had to shoot them down with orange juice and had to work hard not to let the pill touch my tongue or any part of my mouth. I was fortunate that I had saved up enough sick days to not have to take an actual maternity leave, as it was getting close to the end of school. I was worried that I would not get my Spring concert in before Nathan would make his arrival. My biggest nightmare would be in the middle of conducting and my water break right there on the stage! We had our concert on Friday--May 9th. This was also my designated last day to teach, as well. Monday, I had an appointment with my OB/GYN, Dr. Cybulski, and he really thought we might have another four or five days. Nathan, however, had different plans! That night, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, my water broke! (yay! I wasn't on the stage..haha). I didn't start having what I would call "real" contractions until we got to the hospital. I was probably having them, but I really didn't know what to expect. I was expecting excruciating pain, but it wasn't that terrible. As they got closer...like seven minutes apart, they did get stronger, and I opted for an epidural. The whole birthing experience was a pure joy for me! I loved being pregnant, and I really did enjoy giving birth! It's just such a miracle! After pushing for a little over 45 minutes, Nathan entered our world at Brookwood Hospital in Birmingham at 1:38 pm. Our 8lb 8oz bundle of boy joy!!

Nathan is six, now! He is a very smart boy who actually enjoys school! well...as least so far! He loved his kindergarten teacher so much, and she was such a blessing. I was truly blown away by all they learn in kindergarten! I certainly don't remember learning how to read--fluently in kindergarten! I am so happy that he has another fantastic 1st grade teacher for this year, too! He is reading just about anything we give him, and he loves math.

For fun, Nathan enjoys swimming at Grammie and Pappy's, and he loves playing with his cousins, friends, and neighbors! He loves playing Mario or Sonic on the Wii, and enjoys playing games on the computer as well. He likes to draw and is actually quite good! He is trying his hand at fall ball this year, and it's been interesting to say the least! I am proud that he makes contact with the ball, but let's just say that as far as fielding goes.....he gets a bit bored. We are proud that he is trying, and he does seem to be catching on. Nathan is a true lefty, so it's been a struggle for me to help him out on throwing and hitting as it is quite awkward for me to even try anything left handed!





No comments:

Post a Comment